Card Reader demo
Using your Card Reader (1 of 5)
What is it?
- The Anytime Banking Card Reader is a device designed to give an extra layer of protection against fraud while banking online.
- It's easy to operate and we'll give you clear instructions when ever you need to use it.
When will I need it?
- You only need the Card Reader for some transactions, such as setting up a new payment or Standing order.
- We will never ask you to use the reader to login to Anytime Banking.
Using your Card Reader (2 of 5)
- If you haven't already done so, you can order a Card Reader by logging into Anytime Banking, clicking on 'Change Settings', and selecting 'Order Card Reader'.
- You will need your Ulster Bank Debit card to use
with the reader.
- You will also need your Debit card PIN number - the PIN (personal identification Number) you use with your card to make purchases or withdrawals at a cash machine.
What if I don't have a Debit Card?
- Don't worry, if you don't have a debit card for your account we can send you an Anytime Banking Card
& separate PIN which are designed specifically for use with the Card Reader.
Using your Card Reader (3 of 5)
How to add a new payee?
- When you add a new payee (i.e. set up a new payment online) we will ask you to use your Card Reader for added security.
- The on-screen instructions will prompt you to select the card you want to use with the reader.
- Simply insert the card you've chosen into the reader (with the card chip facing towards you and downwards).
- Then press the 'respond' button on the Card Reader.
Using your Card Reader (4 of 5)
How to add a new payee Cont'd
- The Card-Reader will ask for your PIN.
- Enter the appropriate PIN for your Card and press the green 'OK' button.
- On your computer screen you'll see an eight digit number - Enter this number on your Card Reader and press 'OK'.
- Your Card Reader will then display a unique code.
- Enter this code on your computer and click the 'Confirm' button on screen.
Using your Card Reader (5 of 5)
New payee added
- You've successfully added a new payee and can now send payments to this recipient.
- You wont need to use your Card Reader to send repeat payments to this payee (unless you want to change the payee details).
If you don't currently have a Card Reader you can order one by logging into Anytime Banking, clicking on 'Change Settings', and selecting 'Order Card-Reader'.